cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 3548-X cannot enable tunnel

lookpud
Level 1
Level 1

I'm configuring GRE-Tunnel so I'd like to enable the tunnel feature on Nexus 3548-X with command "feature tunnel".

But the Nexus show the error "ERROR: Tunnel feature currently not supported on this platform."

Do you have any idea to solve it?

PS. My Nexus already have LAN_ENTERPRISE_SERVICES_PKG license, NX-OS 7.0(3)I7(5a)

2 Replies 2

This is an expected behavior.

Unfortunately, Nexus 3500 series do not support GRE Tunnels.

GRE Tunnels are supported only on certain Nexus Switches like the Nexus 7000s (using certain Linecards) or certain Nexus 9000s. Also, usually it is required to have the Switch running at least certain NX-OS version.

HTH.

The configuration guide shows support of IP Tunnels. It might need more clarity.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus3000/sw/interfaces/6_x/b_Cisco_n3k_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_602_U11/b_Cisco_n3k_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_602_U11_chapter_0101.html#concept_30E980D0693842D09A8A28244F998BD4

If this info is correct in recent versions of NXOS, does this GRE implemented in Hardware?

Feature History for Configuring IP Tunnels

Table 2 Feature History for Configuring IP Tunnels

Feature Name

Release

Feature Information

Multi-point and Point-to-Point IP-in-IP encapsulation and decapsulation

6.0(2)U2(1)

Support for these tunnel modes was added.

IP tunnels

5.0(3)U4(1)

This feature was introduced.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card