Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7K And 5K switches Migration

Dear Experts,

I need help on below topic. Working for two data centers. In one data center, total four Nexus 7K's are installed. One Nexus 7K pair function as access/aggregation & another Nexus 7K pair functionn as core switches.

In another data center, four Nexus 5K's are installed. One pair of Nexus 5K switches function  as access switches which are connected to Cisco Fabric Interconnect Switches & another pair of Nexus 5K switches function as core switches.  Now we need to swap the two Nexus 7K from one data center to another and two Nexus 5K from data center B to data center A.

Can you please advise/provide recommendations about how to start & carry out the migration with no or minimal downtime/impact.

If anyone has done this before then can you please share the experience or any recommendations. 

1 Reply 1

David Corriveau
Level 1
Level 1

Raviraj,

Did you ever get this sorted out? Can you share your plan or any lessons learned? Thanks.

I'm looking to migrate current core 2x Nexus 5K to another set of Nexus 5K as an upgrade, but they are physically discreet as they are being built in a new data center within reach of OM3 10G cabling.

The business is not willing to go into a simplex redundancy state, so I have to build them out as a layer 2 expansion (core 3 and core 4) and then do layer 3 controlled cut-over.

If anyone can advise of best practices, I'd be happy to listen.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card