Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9000 ITD, WCCP and Appnav

jamie-nicol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could someone answer these questions definitively please, and correct me if I'm wrong. I've read all sorts of documentation and can't seem to extract the answers i need.

The Nexus 9k does not seem to be capable of WCCP. Is this true?

It is capable of ITD, which is touted by Cisco as a "superior" replacement for WCCP.

Having looked at the ITD documentation, it appears to be nothing more than an automated way to configure PBR with some IPSLA availability tracking (it auto-generates a route-map with IPSLA tracking).  Is this true, or is there more to it than that?

We are currently running Catalyst 6500 redirecting to an off-path Appnav controller using WCCP, which the Appnav seems to require in order to operate (its 2 operating modes are inline and WCCP).

If the 6500 were to be replaced with a Nexus9k, would the Appnav still function if WCCP cannot be used?

I'm sure ITD could be used to direct traffic to the Appnav, but this is not WCCP!

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

3 Replies 3

Khurram Noor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am also looking for an answer to this... i have cisco 6500 which are due to be replaced by N9Ks, and i am looking to find if ITD can work the same way as the wccp. In my case its not inline and its a webproxy server which is getting browsing request via wccp. if anyone has deployed ITD to remove WCCP and not found any issues, please assist.

Regards,

rothomso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ITD does not yet support all of the features required to have the same level of HA for redirection that WCCP and AppNav have. Let your sales teams know to feed the request back to the 9K folks for them to gather.

some more info and a mailer for feedback...

Documentation, slides, videos:

Email Query or feedback:ask-itd@external.cisco.com

Please note that ITD is not a replacement for Layer-7 load-balancer (URL, cookies, SSL, etc). 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: