Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus Mac sec licensing

ashleybabajee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I would like to know if when we purchase a network advantage license do we get like an evaluation license for mac sec , if yes, then how many days does it last.

Would be grateful if someone can advise on that as i cant find anything on the cisco site

thanks

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is  model check here for support :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/licensing-options/cisco-nexus-licensing-options-guide.html

Nexus side you security license for macsec to enable  (network advantage is for cisco Catalyst as per i know).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks @balaji.bandi , but what i am looking for is if there's any evaluation license for mac sec and so far didnt find any information regarding that, i know we need add on security license for nexus but want to try it first.

Try below enable feature :

config)# feature macsec

BB

already tried that but it asked for a security license

WARNING: 'SECURITY_PKG' LICENSE NOT FOUND ON THE SYSTEM !!!!!!. You have tried to enable a licensed feature [MACSEC] without installing the license

I was in impression you have already security - what is the show  version - show of code feature set you have.

as i mentioned "Nexus side you security license for macsec to enable"

BB

maybe i was not clear, i dont have any security license yet but want to try mac sec and asking if theres any evaluation license , normally for mac sec we would need the security package add on license which i dont have yet.

The nxos is 9.2(3) , if we enable mac sec we will get the above error "security package not found " which is normal as we dnt have any license for mac sec

So , is there anyway to try/evaluate mac sec ?

we do not what model is this so we asked before

show version   (this give us information what code running and model of the device) - to judge what we suggesting is correct

Contact cisco partner  - they may help you to get test device.

BB

Hopefully you have not Nexus 9300-GX cause they dont support MacSec.

For others, you need Security add-on license.

ecurity

C1-N9K-SEC-M-3Y

C1-N9K-SEC-M-5Y

C1-N9K-SEC-M-7Y

C1-N9K-SEC-M-3Y

C1-N9K-SEC-M-5Y

C1-N9K-SEC-M-7Y

Cisco usually does not provide Trial or evaluation Licenses. In case you have a huge Contract, you may get one.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card