cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexux 7000 ospf Network Statement

scottsassin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of Nexus 7000s running ospf version 2. I want to change the area of one of the networks from area 0 to area 1. The network shows as a network in area 0 under the ospf {instance} section of the configuration. The confusing part is that the ip ospf {#} area 0 command is not configured under the interface configuration. 

How do I change the network from area 0 to area 1? Do I just need to add the ip ospf {#} area 1 command under the interface?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes the syntax is different in NX-OS. I just did a quick lab using 2 nx-os devices running 7.2.

Under the interface used the following command just like the other post:

ip router ospf x area 1

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cofee
Level 5
Level 5

I am not sure about nexus 7k syntax for ospf. But you can configure ospf either directly under the interface or ospf instance. Ospf configuration under the interface will always taje the precedence. 

Inter s1/0

ip ospf 1 area 1

!

router ospf 1

net 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 1

!

The syntax above doesn't apply to the Nexus platform. I need to know about Nexus, and how to configure it!!!

Yes the syntax is different in NX-OS. I just did a quick lab using 2 nx-os devices running 7.2.

Under the interface used the following command just like the other post:

ip router ospf x area 1

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can change the area using the command "ip router ospf {#} area 1". This configuration is made under the interface. You can check the ospf configuration using the command show run ospf.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vinit

PS: Please rate useful posts

Thanks
--Vinit
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card