cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-1CE1T1-PRI isdn

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

I have read that chanelized E1 cards like NM-1CE1T1-PRI have no built in D channels.Signaling is done inband

Can this card be used for ISDN PRI connection in a central site where the company has several branch offices having WIC-1B-U-V2 card ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is incorrect, all channelized cisco cards have full support for D-channel in all Q.931 and QSIG variants (voice).

So yes the card is indicated and will work.

View solution in original post

Hi, you can have 15 remotes office with two calls each. If you never configured ISDN I suggest you hire a reputable professional to help, however it is explained in the documentation.

Do not configure channel-groups as incorrectly suggested by a poster above.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is incorrect, all channelized cisco cards have full support for D-channel in all Q.931 and QSIG variants (voice).

So yes the card is indicated and will work.

In that case what is the maximum number of remote routers that i can add?

I am having one one central office and several remote offices and the 2 Mgbs isdn link is in central office while 128KPBS isdn link is in remote office.

Can you provide sample configurations ?

see the only thing you have to do is create time slots like below.(this example gives 64kb in each time slot if you need more please add time slots 5-7 like this for more bandwidth)

channel-group 1 timeslots 1

channel-group 2 timeslots 2

channel-group 3 timeslots 3

channel-group 4 timeslots 4

then automatically serial interfaces will be created.assign ip addresses to each of these logical interfaces.

hope you have LL at remote branches.

pls rate if it helps

Binoy

see the only thing you have to do is create time slots like below.(this example gives 64kb in each time slot if you need more please add time slots 5-7 like this for more bandwidth)

then automatically serial interfaces will be created.assign ip addresses to each of these logical interfaces.

pls rate if it helps

Binoy

pls rate if it helps

Binoy

Hi, you can have 15 remotes office with two calls each. If you never configured ISDN I suggest you hire a reputable professional to help, however it is explained in the documentation.

Do not configure channel-groups as incorrectly suggested by a poster above.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card