cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NM1-T3/E3 card fits in 3800, but not 3945?

jimmyc_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have a NM-T3/E3-RF card that fits inside a 3800, but does not fit into a 3945.  

The documentation says it works with 3900 ISR Routers.

Is there a cradle or adapter that is required?

Does the "RF" section of the part number differentiate this from a NM-T3/E3 card?   

Thanks

5 Replies 5

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

The NM-t3/E3-RF Is listed as an expansion module. I did find it on the internet but not on cisco. It was listed as compatable with the 3945E.

It did not show up in the Interfaces and modules listing:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10536/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

-RF means Refurbished. These are discounted on the list price, but not everyone can order them.

Regarding the OP question, to install NM modules in ISR G2, you need SM-NM-ADPTR.

Thanks for the iformation.   Right after posting, my friend found the info  hidden in the Cisco document, and I removed the question.  It looks like I can not rate your responses, but I appreciate the effort.  Regards, jc

You can rate any reply clicking on the stars below, and the "answered" checkmark.

Nice Tidbit on RF. explains why it doesnt show on the Cisco Site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card