cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NPE G1/G2 Gig. Ethernet Options

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

Is there is any options to have NPE G1/G2 with an additional UTP gig ethernet . As I know the only option for Gig Ethernet is PA-GE which is fibre . Is there is any other router comes with 4 Gig Ethernet ? . In my design a router with 4 UTP gig ethernet

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PA GE has a GBIT connetor to which you connect a module of your choice including copper.

Note if you're looking for wire-speed routing across all 4 Gbit ports, your best choice would be a layer-3 switch, because the 7200 is incapable of that.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi ,

What you meant by " PA GE has a GBIT connetor to which you connect a module of your choice including copper " ? Is it possible to connect copper on PA-GE , As I know PA-GE has only fibre GBIC ( either GBIC-LX , GBIC-LH or GBIC-ZX ) . Can you tell me how you can connect a module of copper on PA-GE ??

Have a look in this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/port_adapters/install_upgrade/ethernet/pa-ge_gigabit_ethernet_install_config/2696cabl.html

Regards,

Haris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card