Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP

suhas bhoir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

Please find the attached network topology, Server A which is there in  VLAN-101 and reachable to remote NTP server (1.1.1.1) but Nexus switch can not access NTP server

Nexus NTP configuration

ntp server 1.1.1.1

ntp source interface-vlan 100

but when i execute "PING 1.1.1.1 source-interface vlan 100" it is getting ping response. what will be the cause of this issue.

Regards

Suhas

3 Replies 3

Luke Oxley
Level 1
Level 1
bhoir_suhas,

Thanks for your post. There are many factors here, however fundamentally it sounds like the subnet sat on VLAN100 is unable to get to the remote end (1.1.1.1 network) on the NTP service. You have proven the routing is in place end to end as you can ping from the VLAN100 SVI on the Nexus to 1.1.1.1, just not use the NTP service. I would start by inspecting your access control lists, particularly on the routers ensuring that the management subnet on VLAN100 is able to reach the 1.1.1.1 network for port 123 (NTP).
Let me know how you get along. If you are still having issues, please attach a sanitised configuration from both Nexus' and all three routers and I'll kindly take a look for you, no problem.
BR,
Luke Oxley

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

Thanks Luke Oxley

i have attached both nexus config for your reference.

Re

Suhas

bhoir_suhas,

Thanks for the response. The configuration looks fine. Please can I see the config from all three routers?
At the moment, the issue looks to be localised to these somewhere.

Kind regards,
Luke

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card