cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One router, two ISPs, Dns external location

IOS_support
Level 1
Level 1

Setting up an external location up for dual WAM with a change to the primary ISP. Currently all PCs have a 13.1 address with DnS as 192.168.11.18 or 192.168.11.19.... this is the internal IP for DNS.... placed one Zero client in new ISP modem and it cannot communicate with DNS server... 

What would be a good suggestion..

2 Replies 2

blau grana
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

From you minimalistic description is little bit difficult to imagine real scenario. Could you be little more specific, maybe some sketch would help.

Best Regards

Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Best Regards Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Sorry; thank you for the reply. It's been awhile since I've been on here and I am hoping my description below will work.

1. We have a current ISP; they manage the router/switch at all sites.  This questions is in relation to a satellite site; that we are adding the DUAL WAN router to.

The primary and alternate DNS is 5.27 and 5.28  respectively and the ISP has DHCP managed through their Router; giving the internal IP Range of 192.168.9.1 - 200.....  And client machines have a 'static' IP....

2. I need to setup the Primary ISP as 'another' ISP and try to keep the client machines from going down and keep the 9.1-200 still active as well as the DNS structure.

ISP A = Current ISP does DHCP 

ISP B = Will take over as PRIMARY ISP w/ CISCO Router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card