cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF: Area 16 cannot be deleted before all interfaces are deconfigured from the area

rajitoor55
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 instances running for OSPF, one in the global and other using student vrf.

I need to change to Area type from stub to nssa for instance associated with vrf.

Both global and student have config for area 16.

changing area 16 type for ospf 1 was not an issue, but  only 

router ospf 2 vrf STUDENTS
 area 0 authentication message-digest
 area 16 stub no-summary
no passive-interface Vlan900

ip vrf forwarding STUDENTS
 ip address 172.19.16.50 255.255.255.252

router ospf 1
 router-id 172.19.16.1
 area 0 authentication message-digest
 area 16 nssa no-summary
no passive-interface Vlan800

a  

4 Replies 4

can you clear I don't get it.
you have two OSPF one in global and other in VRF,
both connect to area 0, you want to change global and vrf area 16 to different types, is that right?

@MHM Cisco World  For global area was changed to nssa a while ago.

I was doing it now for vrf and i just spotted my mistake. I was doing 'no area 16' instead of 'no area 16 stub'.

Thanks 

That’s a great job 

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @rajitoor55 ,

because you are changing the OSPF area type all OSPF adjacencies in area 16 of OSPF process 2 will be turned down in any case.

So if the CLI parser is suggesting you to remove OSPF configuration for interfaces in area 16 OSPF process 2 before deleting area 16 just do it.

interface vlan 900

no ip ospf 2 area 16

and so on

later you will add again the removed statements after having changed the area 16 type to nssa.

Edit:

I have seen you have found by yourself a solution to your issue thanks for your valuable feedback

no area 16 stub

area 16 nssa

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: