cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF design

mautez_mah
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone please recommend any book that will explain ospf design  very well , 
most of the book just talk about difference between LSAs and Areas but I need book talk about different whether have one area or many areas which one is best and why ,
many thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Besides regular well-know book recommendations for CCIE studies I would look at 2 books frequently "forgotten"

Alex Zinin Cisco.IP.Routing.Packet.Forwarding.and.Intra-domain.Routing.Protocols and Ospf-Anatomy of an Internet Routing by J. Moy who I believe developed RFC for ospf protocol.

Otherwise, older books for CCNP, called CCDP ,aka Designing should be OK. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generally, most books should mention that OSPF areas are for scalability.  What they do not address, because it's very variable is how large an OSPF area should be allowed.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check this may help you :

https://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1763921&seqNum=6

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Besides regular well-know book recommendations for CCIE studies I would look at 2 books frequently "forgotten"

Alex Zinin Cisco.IP.Routing.Packet.Forwarding.and.Intra-domain.Routing.Protocols and Ospf-Anatomy of an Internet Routing by J. Moy who I believe developed RFC for ospf protocol.

Otherwise, older books for CCNP, called CCDP ,aka Designing should be OK. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card