cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF in ACI design question

sandevsingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks, I am designing an OSPF environment in ACI. My Area 0 is on leafs 101 and 102. Area 1 is on leaf 103 and 104. (pic attached)

Basics of OSPF states that all areas should be connecting to Area 0 (backbone), otherwise you need some extra techniques like virtual-link or something to join them. Virtual-link is NOT supported in ACI. 

So I am wondering will this work OR do I need to move Area 1 to leaf 102, so that now leaf 102 is the ABR (part of Area0 and 1).

Thnx. 

3 Replies 3

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I didn't get the purpose of the Router in Area 1 and 0. Which is the underlying control panel Routing protocol? Please share some more information. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

router in Area 0 is an  internet edge-firewall and Area 1 is a Nexus switch connected to the inside network. 

HI,

As there is no issue, you can use the areas same as you mentioned in the diagram. Again I am still not sure about the underlying routing protocol. If you are using ISIS or BGP then make a sham-link between both areas. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card