cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Intra Area Route Filtering in NX-OS

mat_rouch
Level 1
Level 1

Our company is currently using EIGRP for internal routing at our datacenters.  We are looking at converting it to OSPF.  One problem we have run into is with route filtering.  we are currently using EIGRP distribute-lists (ex: "ip distribute-list eigrp 100 prefix-list rfc1918-default-only in" is applied to an interface) to control which routes get advertised into and out of various parts of our network.  I know that in OSPF it is normally recommended to do filtering at area borders, but that the "distribute-list in" command can be used to filter intra-area routes.  We would very much like to keep our OSPF environment to a single area, but unfortunately we are using NX-OS and as far as I can tell the "distribute-list" command is not implemented in NX-OS at all.  The doc I have found so far recommends using "filter-list" instead, but that only works at area borders.  Is there any way to filter OSPF intra-area routes in NX-OS?  I've found some references to "table-map" that might be applicable,  but it looks like that only works globally within a vrf - I'd like to do this filtering on a per-interface basis.

Thanks,

-Mathew Rouch

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card