Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF on ipbasek9 for cisco 3750

saminda
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for advise.

I have a switch with C3750-IPBASEK9-M, version 15.0(2)SE software installed. According to release notes in below link;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15-0_2_se/configuration/guide/3750x_cg/swiprout.html

It says under OSPF Routed Access:

Note OSPF for Routed Access supports only one OSPFv2 and one OSPFv3 instance with a combined total of 200 dynamically learned routes. The IP Base image provides OSPF for routed access.

However, these restrictions are not enforced in this release.

As it says these restrictions are not enforced in this release, can we configure multiple OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 instances as well as does it support more than 200 dynamically learned routes?

Is there any risks involved?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We do not know for sure what is the basis for the restriction, but logically it probably indicates some limitation on resources available in the switch. You might be able to configure more than one instance or to have more than 200 dynamically learned routes. But I would certainly assume that there is some risk in doing so. The restriction is not enforced, so this is more like advice and like restriction. The advice from Cisco is clear and you need to accept the risk if you ignore the advice.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We do not know for sure what is the basis for the restriction, but logically it probably indicates some limitation on resources available in the switch. You might be able to configure more than one instance or to have more than 200 dynamically learned routes. But I would certainly assume that there is some risk in doing so. The restriction is not enforced, so this is more like advice and like restriction. The advice from Cisco is clear and you need to accept the risk if you ignore the advice.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I am glad that my explanation was helpful. Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card