Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ospf over frame-relay

Hi Sir!

i have a hub and spoke topology , on hub  interface  is multipoint and spokes are configured on physical interfaces.

How to change the next-hope?

whithout using "ip ospf network point-to-multipoint" statement

Regards

kazim

4 Replies 4

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kazim,

If I understand you correctly then all your OSPF interfaces are currently considered to be Non-Broadcast Multi Access. Is this correct?

OSPF as a link-state protocol does not allow for external manipulation of next hop information. If the OSPF is running over NBMA, there is no way of influencing the OSPF alone to direct all inter-spoke traffic through the hub. You can either manually enter static routes on spoke routers that direct the traffic to other spokes' IP addresses via the hub, or manually modify the DLCI mappings on spoke routers again so that they point for other spokes' IP addresses to the PVC leading to the hub.

Why can you not modify the configuration to the Point-to-Multipoint? This exact network type is specifically designed for partially-meshed topologies like this one. Anything other will lead to trouble you will need to rectify manually.

Best regards,
Peter

Thanx Peter,

yes, all ospf interfaces are currently considered non-broadcast.

so no have another way to change next hop on spokes.out of these three , DLCI mapping, change network type and static routes.?

Hi,

There is still one left: PBR but that's all I can think of and the one you would surely use in production would be changing the network type to P2MP.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi,

thanx Cadet alain!

please send me any example or document i have a hub and two spokes i wana my spoke's  routes go to another spoke with hub ip address as a next hope

Regards,

kazim

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card