Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ospf

Hi,

Could you please suggest me how to migrate APP server to New DC  with same IP address.

can i interconnect both server switches (Trunk or access) if do like this will it cause any looping?

ospf3.PNG

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @leyakhath muhammed ,

you can use a L2 trunk to carry VLANs between the two switches.

There is no risk of loop because all other links are L3 with OSPFrunning on them.

Ensure that all L3 devices know how to route L3 subnets associated to each VLAN.

However, doing so you are merging the two datacenters. This can be a good temporary solution if you are migrating from old DC to new one.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

Never tried VRRP cross vendors, (personally i avoid) go with tradtional approach, small downtime or maintenance window, Move the SVI to new Environment.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @leyakhath muhammed ,

you can use a L2 trunk to carry VLANs between the two switches.

There is no risk of loop because all other links are L3 with OSPFrunning on them.

Ensure that all L3 devices know how to route L3 subnets associated to each VLAN.

However, doing so you are merging the two datacenters. This can be a good temporary solution if you are migrating from old DC to new one.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One question, you have same gateway in each switch,  10.1 that may see some issues for me.

is this Migrate and decomm from old DC ? or you like to retain both ?

BB

Hi Balaji,

not the same gateway in each switch

yes i need to retain both old and new. but 10.1 gateway presently at old DC. when decomm, plan to move 10.1 to new DC.

Thanks

For Longer good approach why not create a HSRP between switches, so you can hace same gateway for both DC, so even when you decomm old one, less service distruption in the network. (unless you like to move SVI part of maintenance windows, which cause small outage of network).

make sense ?

BB

Our Old DC all HPE, hence need to migrate all HPE  to cisco.

Instead of HSRP , can we configure VRRP? 

It is not permissible to change the gateway of existing and new application servers, Is this approach fine? 

Please advice me

Thanks

Never tried VRRP cross vendors, (personally i avoid) go with tradtional approach, small downtime or maintenance window, Move the SVI to new Environment.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card