Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing ports blocked on RV345

JimGyt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having trouble to set up my first Cisco Router RV345. Everything seems to work well but most of the outgoing port seems blocked. I can access every websites but if i want to reach something with a address like XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080 or www.XXXX.com:88 it doesn't work. I tried several port like 6281 for my Synology, it's like the RV345 blocked every port but the 80, 443, 25, 21. I can't find where to unlock that. I tried to create some access list to allow any to any on port 6281 but still no good. Can somebody help me. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, thanks to everyone for your time. I finaly figure it out and i was very stupid. In fact, i made a DMZ on my ISP device to the Cisco router when everything was installed. For some reasons the DMZ suddenly stopped working and blocking all the ports but the HTTP and HTTPS. I didn't even suspect it. I don't have option to disable firewall on the ISP so after trying to disable, renable the DMZ i finally just open the ports i needed on the ISP.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

is the firewall enabled or disabled (page 63 of the attached guide) ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV345/Administration_Guide/EN/b_RV345_RV345P_EN_AG.pdf

Hi, the firewall is enabled. I have also checked the DoS.

Hello,

it is difficult to comment on what you might be 'missing'. Are the same sites reachable when you don't specify the port ?

Can you give an example ? It might be that the sites themselves don't like to be addressed with specific ports...

What if you disable the firewall ?

Also, make sure you are running the latest firmware release, 1.0.02.16...

It's not about the site. I have several websites i tried. For example, from behind the cisco if i try to reach another external router on a port other than 443 (i change the remote management port to 4430) it won't work. If i change it back to 443, i can reach the router. Or another example, if i try to reach my DVR on an external ip using the port 88 it won't work but work if i change the port of the DVR to 80.  I just updated the latest firmware and tried to disable the firewall but nothing change.

Hi, thanks for your time. I can give some example. When i'm behind the Cisco, if i try to reach the remote management page of another external router on port 443, i have no problem. If i change the remote management port to 4430 for example, i can't reach it anymore. It works anywhere else. Another example, i have a DVR system that i reach on an external ip and port 88. It will only work if i change back to port 80. To summarize, i seems that i can only access ports 80 443 from behind the Cisco. I tried to disable the firewall and just update to the lastest firmware.

Hi, thanks to everyone for your time. I finaly figure it out and i was very stupid. In fact, i made a DMZ on my ISP device to the Cisco router when everything was installed. For some reasons the DMZ suddenly stopped working and blocking all the ports but the HTTP and HTTPS. I didn't even suspect it. I don't have option to disable firewall on the ISP so after trying to disable, renable the DMZ i finally just open the ports i needed on the ISP.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card