cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

output drops MLPPP

jey.theepan
Level 1
Level 1

I have high output drops on multilink interface (2xT1). planning to change the hold-queue to 200, wanted to know the impact if any. this is on 2811 router.

5 Replies 5

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jey,

AFAIK, it is not advisible to increase the output queue, as it may leads to TCP timeout triggering retransmission which will congest the interface even more. How about considering QoS?

If you face constant high rate drop in ooutput queue, it is advisible to increase the line rate.

Regards,

Nagendra

qos is also an option..

what do you mean by line rate, upgrade the circuit?

Sorry typo. Yes, I mean to increase the line speed (upgrade).

Regards,

Nagendra

Hi Jey!

Do you solved the output queue drops in your circuit? I also have a multilink interface in my company and I'm facing high output queue drop. I have 6Mbps and but I can only reach 4Mbps. My router is a 3640 with QoS. Anyone has any idea of what is causing these output drops. My CPU utilization is a little high (80%).

Thank you.

Regina

Hi Regina,

I didn't really solve the problem but it went away once the traffic volume drop back to normal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card