Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer - Can't Ping 2nd router or PC outside of subnet

chris79
Level 1
Level 1

Just trying to ping Router3 from PC0

When I inspect the PDU information in the packet when it gets to Router3: "The routing table does not have a route to the destination IP address. The device drops the packet."

First post, been working on this one for a few days, sorry if theres not enough details I can provide more

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This homework/schoolwork should be posted in the Cisco Learning Network.

Thank you

Hello,

post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file here...

sorry for the late reply. Here is the pkt file

Hi, what's the version of packet tracer u r using?

7.3.0 Build 0838

version 7.3.0

Hi,
R0--> I tried to assign the IPs you set but I faced overlap error. Could you really assign the IPs you tagged in the picture attached?

Yes, sorry I should have posted a file instead of a picture. For the 6 interfaces connected by the red line (fiber) the subnet mask is 255.255.255.252 (/30) but for every other connection its 255.255.255.240 (/28)

Hello,

after opening the file, I could see there is no routing (static or dynamic) in place. For the sake of simplicity, I added EIGRP to all routers, which provide end to end  connectivity. Find attached the working file...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card