cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Dropped Pings

Darklord6229
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a school project in packet tracer and having some difficulty getting everything working properly. This is going to be a network design for 5 floor building. I am using EIGRP and wanted to create a different AS network for each floor then have one main network that has the server room and connects the floors together. I have the redistribution setup from my understanding correctly because it does list everything in the show ip route table but I cannot get pings to connect from the computer on my floor 1 to my DHCP server. When I follow the ping it does successfully go from my computer to the server, then when it leaves the server and goes to the server rooms router it gets dropped. I cannot figure out why that specific server is dropping the packets. I did attach my packet tracer file and any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by that:

--> When I follow the ping it does successfully go from my computer to the server, then when it leaves the server and goes to the server rooms router it gets dropped. I cannot figure out why that specific server is dropping the packets

I opened your project, and I can ping from 10.0.8.5 (the PC) to 192.168.1.11 (the DHCP server). Which ping packets are getting dropped ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by that:

--> When I follow the ping it does successfully go from my computer to the server, then when it leaves the server and goes to the server rooms router it gets dropped. I cannot figure out why that specific server is dropping the packets

I opened your project, and I can ping from 10.0.8.5 (the PC) to 192.168.1.11 (the DHCP server). Which ping packets are getting dropped ?

Darklord6229
Level 1
Level 1

I guess I am crazy because when I made the post the ping was always failing and in simulator mode when the envelope hit the servers router on the return trip it would go red x and not trace back. With that being said now that I reloaded packet tracer and ran it everything went through correctly so I have no idea how that fix happened. I cannot thank you enough for being willing to take a double glance over it, networking is definitely not my thing.

Hello,

if networking definitely would not be your thing, you would not be able to configure a working network the way you did ! Everything works, so keep going !

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card