Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer IPv6 routing

▲▲
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forums, so I'm in your care :)

I'm in a bit of a pinch, you see, I'm trying to get a network working with only IPv6, thus far I've been able to give everything their respective IPv6 addresses but I can't seem communicate between 2 routers on a copper crossover connection. The file has been added so if you could take a look, I'd appreciate that a bunch! I've tried using RIPng but whenever I use "show ipv6 route"nothing will be labeled as R...

The file has been labeled as jpeg due to the fact that the forum won't accept the format .pkt

Just rewrite the extension from .jpeg to .pkt, packet tracer will be able to work with it

raJdPEM

3 Replies 3

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The only two IPv6 addresses I see in your diagram, are the 2001:db8:aaa:a::1/64 and 2001:db8:bbb:b::1/64 and seem to be both configured on the link between the two routers. These addresses are not part of the same subnet (first 64 bits are different), which is probably why you are having issues. Can you ping from one router to the other using the link local address?

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hello,

for the sake of simplicity, I have reconfigured your network for IPv6 only, have a look at the config for reference...

Hello,

for the sake of simplicity, I have reconfigured your network for IPv6 only, have a look at the config for reference...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card