cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Router Problem

BeginningUser
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i'm working on a basic school exercise with Packet Tracer 7.3 on Windows 10 x64 , i created a network and configured an extended ACL on a router and works well, the problem appears when i close PT and re open the file the

project stop working, even when it shows all connections are ok. I already saved the running configuration to startup configuration on the router, but still not working. BTW, when i consult it with the command "show startup config" the configuration is there.

7 Replies 7

Hello,

post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Do you have connection to external "mulituser" ? 

Is your PT login ok?  you can try as a guest login which should give u 3 saves only;  otherwise, Please attach PT file for us to verify. file must be in a zip format; 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

BeginningUser
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the answers, when i created the project i was logged with my university account, i've tried with guest login having the same result.

I attach the pkt file, the project supposed to only give access the PC0 to the server called Google and deny the rest of the devices.

Thank you again for helping.

Pt file seems to be working; not closing. 

Ping fails because routes are missing due to ACL blocking too much.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thank you for the answer. I did the exercice according to my teacher instructions, and just me and another classmate have this issue, for the rest of the class seems to be working fine. How could i solve the problem?.

there are no routes in table due to ACL blocking RIP traffic; by default ACL has deny all at the end of every ACL. then, I don't think you need acl in and out on 2 interfaces; it should work with one entry - I think in direction on 1 interface.
you should be using RIP version 2 and no auto summary

Thank you again for answering, i did what you recommended but still not working, a partial solution was creating an ubuntu virtual machine and make the exercise again. I believe there's some compatibility issues between W10 and PT, at least on my machine.
Anyway i'm very grateful for your help.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: