cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

packet tracer routing help

Al3xX995
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I'm trying to set up routers in a network with two different companies connected with two routers. I've set default routes and static routes but i cant ping from the "voice toys server" to the wired end device.I think i've done something wrong with the routes, but i cant find whats wrong. can someone please help me?thanks.

I send the .pkt file

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

makes sense, I can see now that you were using the same subnet on two different segments. Glad you found the error...

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Al3xX995
Level 1
Level 1
i can't attach the pkt file so i've uploaded it on mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8y8rh73fny4r21a/my_project.pkt/file

ZIP the project (.pkt) file here, then you can upload it...

thanks, i've attached the zip file

Hello,

unless there is a specific requirement to use static routes, it is easier, and recommended, to use a routing protocol.

I added the below to every router:

router eigrp 1

network 0.0.0.0

no auto-summary

Also, the serial interface on your ACME router had a wrong IP address. Please find attached the revised version, which now provides for end to end connectivity.

Thanks for your help, i've opened your packet tracer file and all pings now work, except for the wired end device. Does packet tracer have some options that blocks ping to the wired end device?

Hello,

Which wired device can you not ping ?

Hello,

I think I know which device you cannot ping. I cannot even ping the WiredEndDevice from the directly connected router, so it seems to be a problem with that specific device. I wouldn't worry about it too much, Packet Tracer is rather quirky...

Thanks for your help, i really appreciate it. I've solved the problem succesfully by changing the two servers subnet from 10.10.100.0 in 10.10.101.0

Hello,

makes sense, I can see now that you were using the same subnet on two different segments. Glad you found the error...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card