cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

passive interface

lucad7846
Level 1
Level 1

Hi as per screenshot I need to set some passive interfaces on the attached PKT file.

It took me a while to configure the network and everything works like a charm right now but when I set the passive interfaces as per requirements connection is broken.

This actually makes sense to me as this is the whole purpose of RIP right? To advertise networks? 

I really don't know how to achieve this. 

Any help would be much appreciated. And apologies for "flooding" the forum with all my posts. 

Cheers 

1 Accepted Solution
9 Replies 9

R1-R2
R1 have many interface include the interface connect to R2 
passive interface is ALL interface except the interface connect to neighbor.

Hi 

I'm a bit confused. So are you saying I should set the passive interface only on the router directly connected to the switched network where all the PC's reside?

Hi thank you very much for that. I really appreciate your support. I'll try that a little later. Cheers

Hi 

@MHM Cisco World I have set the passive interfaces but I can't see them in my configuration. What is the command to check them? Many thanks in advance 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Its says all LAN Interface towards Local network. WAN Interace you can enable RIP here. by adding no passsive interface. (unfortunatly dont have PT to look your network) if you post show run, show ip protocol, show ip route we can help you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

So would this be just the router which is connected to the switched network? Unfortunately I'm not on my computer right now so I can't post the configuration. Will do a little later. Thanks 

Thanks will try that. Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card