Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR Via Interface

brasso_42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 2 Dialer interfaces, I want to route IP from LAN ip 10.5.200.1 to any via Dialer2 unless it goes down.

The Dialer’s are DSL connections and the next hop is the same for both connections.

Any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

in this case you should use the verify-availibilty along with tracking: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t4/feature/guide/gtpbrtrk.html

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ip access-list extended PBR

permit ip host 10.5.200.1 any

route-map PBR permit 10

match ip address PBR

set interface dialer2

on LAN interface:

ip policy route-map PBR

Regards.

Alain

Hi

This works for routing traffic when Dialer2 is up, but when its down the traffic is not routed to Dialer1

Any ideas how to make it fail over?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi,

either the default route in the RIB points out dialer 1 and then when dialer 2 line protocol is down it will default

to normal routing

either set interface dialer2 dialer1

Regards.

Alain.

Hi

This works if I do a “shut” on Dialer2, but if I unplug the phone line it doesn’t. If I do a “show ip int br” it shows Dailer2 as up.

Is there any way I can show this as down when its not connected or should I not be using a Dialer interface to do this?

Thanks

Hi,

in this case you should use the verify-availibilty along with tracking: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t4/feature/guide/gtpbrtrk.html

Regards.

Alain

Hi Cadet

thanks for the pointer on this, Tracking wont work with interface, but I asked the IPS to add another loopback interface which I could use as a next hop address in our VRF.  I then used an ACL on the Dialer1 interface to deny access to it through there so all trafic would be forced through Dialer2 as this is the only route the next hop is avalable and when Dialer 2 goes down the next hop is removed and the trafic goes through Dialer1.  This only works with upload though.  I needed down routes adding via RADIUS Cisco-AVPair to get the download to work as well.

All one now though,

Thanks again!

Hi Simon!

I have the same problem (Tracking wont work with interface), and after the DSL line is breaks down and then UP again,

the next hop address is changing and the router doesn't know the new next hop.

Please explain me with detailes what your ISP did to solve this issue!

Thanx!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card