Views
Helpful
Replies

Per-packet load-balancing between Cisco 2811 and Juniper M20

Ali Norouzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

We have an issue on Juniper M20 for load-balancing on MPLS traffic. As you can see in below picture Router-3 is connected to Router-2 over two links and we established a GRE Tunnel on each link. Both routers are OSPF neighbor in area 20. Router-2 is directly connected to Router-1 and are OSPF neighbor in backbone area. All the path from Router-3 to Router-1 is one LSP. An xConnect is established between Router-3 and Router-1 and it’s up and working. The only traffic in this LSP is the traffic of this xConnect. We need to balance traffic on both GRE Tunnels between Router-3 and Router-2. The problem is load-balancing in direction of Router-2 to Router-3 that one of the links is not utilized by Router-2 when both Tunnel are up. I mean Router-2 doesn’t load-balance per-packet. We tested hash function for MPLS based on first and second label or even based on payload IP but regarding to xConnect, all of them are remain unchanged when since the xConnect is up. So even by using this configuration, one of GRE’s is utilized and the other is free. I have to mention again that this problem is in direction of Router-2(M20) to Router-3(Cisco) and I think the problem isin Juniper.

Would you please help to solve this issue?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card