policy-map P427

class 427MIETH01

bandwidth 10000

interface g1/1

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk service-policy input P427

when I attach the policy-map P427 on a trunk interface I receive this error:

"Match vlan is not supported for this interface" ?

Thanks

Roberto

5 Replies 5

reroberto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I still do not understand why CISCO 7600 can be configured as “per vlan layer2 QoS classification”, but still it does not work .

I have been through the technical features and below is what I found:

"It is important to note that on the Catalyst 6500, QoS parameters  available in Router IOS are no necessarily available.Even with the  presence of some of these commands are there in the CLI, does not  necessarily mean they are supported on all interface"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/white_paper_c11_538840.html

and:

"As of Cisco IOS Release 12.2(31)SB2, the QoS: Match VLAN feature is supported on Cisco 10000 series routers only.

This feature was introduced on Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers. "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/qos_classn/configuration/15-s/qos-classn-vlan.html

Am I missing something or is this the answer:

Cisco 7600 do not support " per vlan layer 2 QoS classification", not even using ES+ card or different ones.

Thanks for your reply.

Roberto Re

Hello Roberto Re,

You are trying to configure shaping on a LAN module in your case WS-X6724-SFP, which does not support it. LAN modules like 67XX supports only policing as a rate limiting tool in ingress direction and in your case all configuration will be applied to PFC engine on supervisor, since the linecard in slot 1 doesn't have a DFC.

You can try to use VLAN-Based QoS, this type of configuration allows to limit traffic rate on per VLAN basis, but the configuration applies on all physical ports with allowed VLAN. In a short, you apply policy-map to an SVI interface and enable "mls qos vlan-based" on physical L2 interface which carries a VLAN traffic.

VLAN-Based QoS is described in the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SR/configuration/guide/qos.html#wp1726124

Ingress policing on per VLAN basis or per service instance on a switchport is supported on ES+ card.

-- Best regards, Dmitry Skotnikov

Thanks for your reply Dmytro,

I already tried a VLAN-Based QoS configuration, but applying the policy-map P427 on a test SVI (L3) interface (with & without IP address) the problem remains the same: a L2 classification problem in the class-map match-any 427MIETH01 (_*match vlan*_).

When I attach the policy-map P427 also on a test SVI I have this error again": "Match vlan is not supported for this interface".

Now my question is:

using an ES+ card would it be possible to configure the L2 _*match vlan*_ classification on a 7600?

or:

"As of Cisco IOS Release 12.2(31)SB2, the QoS: Match VLAN feature is supported on Cisco 10000 series routers only.

This feature was introduced on Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers. "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/qos_classn/configuration/15-s/qos-classn-vlan.html

Thanks and kind regards,

Roberto

Hello Roberto,

There is no need to match vlan in case your attaching policy-map to SVI interface in vlan-based qos case, it's sufficient to use police under class-default.

Example for VLAN ID 100

interface GigabitEthernet1/1

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allowed vlan 100

switchport mode trunk

mtu 9216

speed nonegotiate

mls qos vlan-based

!

interface Vlan100

service-policy input VLAN100-POLICE

!

policy-map VLAN10-POLICE

class class-default

police 128000    conform-action transmit     exceed-action drop

!

-- 
Best regards,
Dmitry Skotnikov

-- Best regards, Dmitry Skotnikov

Hello Dmitry,

Ok,but in this way the traffic, coming from a trunk, must flow through a L3 interface (SVI).

I thought it was possible a L2 VLAN traffic classification on a L2 interface, for the reason that other type of classification are possible on an L2 interface .

Thanks and kind regards,

Roberto   

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card