cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PfR EIGRP

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a EIGRP as routing protocol and I would like implement PfR .... PfR is compatible with EIGRP??

5 Replies 5

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"Q. Which parent route IP routing protocols are supported?

A. BGP and static routes are supported in all current releases. With the introduction of Performance Routing Protocol Independent Route Optimization (PIRO) in Cisco IOS Software Release 12.4(24)T and later releases, any route in the RIB, with an equal or less specific mask than the traffic class, will qualify as a parent route. PIRO allows Performance Routing to be used with any IP routing protocol."

From: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6554/ps6599/ps8787/prod_qas0900aecd806c4f03.html

?

? - what's your question

EIGRP is a routing protocol.

From prior post:

"PIRO allows Performance Routing to be used with any IP routing protocol."

QED

So, answer to your question "PfR is compatible with EIGRP??" -- yes, if you're running a version of PfR that provides PIRO.

If no PIRO, answer is no, although I've found you can use statics with IGPs like OSPF and EIGRP.

Steve Lyons
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have added PfR support for EIGRP in 15.0(1)M code.

Best Regards,

Steve Lyons - Cisco

Hi, 

Looking for PFR design suggestion for Multihomed internet Solution with EIGRP.

Gone through few docs available in Wiki but need some more help to bring it in Production. I know with help of AS prepend or AS Community I can do it through BGP.   I have seen that currently PIRO is  supported for PFR but no much documents are their for the same I am looking forward to use EIGRP in place of BGP. 

Can any one please help me to solve it. I am unable to get any docs for the same.

Attached is the diagram which I am looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card