Helpful
Replies

PfR PIRO problem

pantone168
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I using Cisco 1812 and firmware version is

"c181x-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T.bin".

My problem is PfR that didn't use OSPF as parent route, it only accept

Static route as parent.

My configuration as attach file.

Appreciate your kind advise. Thanks.

pigsign

2 Replies 2

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

Perform the steps in this link for optional task if you want to debug PIRO routes where the parent route exists in the RIB and is controlled using policy-based routing. All the steps are optional and are not in any order. The information from these steps can verify that a specific prefix associated with a traffic class has been identified using PIRO and that it is being controlled by OER. The first two CLI commands are entered at the master controller, and the other commands are entered at a border router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/oer/configuration/guide/oer-trf_rte_ctl_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1058682

Hi Gmarogi,

I try to debug and saw that PIRO didn't control message, like below:

---------

*Jul 10 02:21:04.322: PFR PIRO: Control Route, 10.11.1.99/32, NH 0.0.0.0, IF Tunnel213

*Jul 10 02:21:04.326: %OER_MC-5-NOTICE: Uncontrol Prefix 10.11.1.99/32, Couldn't control

---------

Last I try to change prefix-length from 32 to 24 then it works. But I really want to use prefix-length 32 that it can control traffic to every computer not specific network segment. I guess maybe this is cisco firmware 12.4(24)T bug??

Thanks for your advice

Pigsign

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card