Views
Helpful
Replies

PfRv3 and MPLS/VPN inbound interface

p.hruby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm testing PfR configuration on router which is also used as MPLS/VPN PE. It seems to me that PfR is not working with MPLS tagged packets on inbound interfaces (inbound packet is labeled with MPLS VPN tag, outbound packet is standard IP packet which goes out through DMVPN tunnel interface in vrf). When packet enters the router as normal IP packet, everything is working fine.

Could anyone confirm that PfR is not supported with MPLS VPN tagged packets on input interfaces? Are there any future plans to implement this?

I'm testing this in VIRL with CSR1000V (IOS XE 3.17.00.S).

Petr

4 Replies 4

Hello Petr.

PfRv3 only supports VRF-lite segmentation. As per a year ago,when I last talked to Cisco PfRv3 tech lead,  max numner of VRFs is 5. As far I am aware, there are no plans for MPLS encapsulation support on WAN interfaces.

HTH

Alexei.

vamikhai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello.

PFRv3 injects itself into CEF path, so it might be a case, that it cannot control the traffic (while traffic-class learning may work).

PS: also I would note, that 3.17 is not supported for iWAN deployments.

Hello and thanks for your suggestion.

Not sure if it applies.

I have added explicit path-ids to the path name definitions on my BRs and it looks better now.

CSR1000v image that comes with the latest VIRL is IIOS XE Everest 16.5.1.

IWAN release notes here recommend either 16.3.3 or even 16.6.1.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/one-enterprise-network-controller/products-release-notes-list.html

Cheers

Alexei.

Hello.

Regarding the PE-device - even though it's not supported - it may occasionally work if you do per-vrf label allocation (to force CEF lookup).

Regarding the rest - make sure your PFR works in simple scenario and then start adding new things.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card