cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ping Issue Help.

brianjarlenski
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently studying for the CCNA exam and have a simple PPP Issue.

Host A-100.100.100.3/24

Router 1 - e0/0-100.100.100.252/24,  s0/0-172.16.1.100/24, s0/0 is a t1 curcuit.

Router 2 - e0/0-100.100.1.253/24, s0/0-172.16.1.101/24, s0/0 is a t1 curcuit.

Host B-100.100.1.1/24

2600 series routers running 12.2 IOS.

I can ping all the way across the t1 to the other side e0/0 port, but cannot reach the other side host and vice versa. This is an actual live connection at work and it is operational.

Attached below is the running config from one router, the other router is configured the same way with it's IP addresses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Brian

Just to add to John's post.

If neither of John's suggestions fixes the problem, if the end PCs are running windows there may be a firewall on the PCs that is blocking the incoming pings.

Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Brian,

If you can ping to the other side wan interface, it would suggest that the router understands how to get to your internal subnets (via static routes by your picture). I'm assuming that you have a 100.100.1.0/24 static route on the other router as well. Do your hosts have a default gateway configured? If not, that would be your issue.

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Yes both hosts have the correct ip addresses, subnet mask, and default gateway and yes, the opposite side has the 10.100.1.0/24 static route.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Brian

Just to add to John's post.

If neither of John's suggestions fixes the problem, if the end PCs are running windows there may be a firewall on the PCs that is blocking the incoming pings.

Jon

Jon beat me to it

"...if the end PCs are running windows there may be a firewall on the PCs that is blocking the incoming pings."

^^^ This

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Yep, that's it. Simple firewall shut off. thanks a million.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card