Views
Helpful
Replies

Ping Wireless and LAN

HD2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I just got a Cisco RV130w and connected my wireless router and switch to it. All of my devices have internet access; however, I cannot ping devices on LAN from wireless devices and the same thing from LAN to wireless. 

Here is the setup:

- Internet Modem (bridge mode)

- Cisco RV130w (10.10.10.1)

- Switch - Netgear GS324(10.10.10.x)

- Wireless Router - TPLink AC2600 (192.168.1.1)

Is there any routing that I need to set up?

Thank you in advance.

9 Replies 9

Hello

Are the wired and wifi clients on the same subnet, if not then for inter-vlan communication you will need to enable ip routing on the Cisco RV .

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thank you for your reply.

LAN devices are on 10.10.10.x, getting from RV and wireless is 192.168.1.x. wireless router ip is 10.10.10.200.

I am not good with networking so more details are appreciated. 

I set up routing with the below details, thinking any requests for 192.168.1.x ip will be routed to 10.10.10.200 which is the wireless router. It is not working so I think I am doing it wrong!

Route NameDestination LAN IPSubnet MaskGatewayInterface 
WiFi192.168.1.0255.255.255.010.10.10.200LAN & Wireless 

Hello

Have a look at the admin guide for this device page 43 - here

Configuring Inter VLAN Routing
To allow an end station in one VLAN to communicate with an end station in another
VLAN, check the
Inter VLAN Routing Enable
check box.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

the checkbox is checked, not sure if the entries are wrong or I need to do any configuration in another section!

10.10.10.200 is the wireless router IP.

Capture.PNG

Hello

Try setting the device as a router and not as a host gateway

Kind Regards
Paul

Still not able to ping also not able to access the internet anymore.

Hello

Okay change it back to gateway, Then make sure your switch doesn't have ip routing enabled so its just ruining as a host device and the end hosts have the correct addressing ( subnetmask, default gateway)

Confirm if you can ping between hosts on the same subnet wifi/or wired.

Kind Regards
Paul

- All devices on each subnet (LAN and WiFi) can ping each other

- WiFi devices (192.168.1.x) can ping LAN devices (10.10.10.x)

- LAN Can NOT ping WiFi devices (even router 192.168.1.1)

I connected my laptop directly to RV to make sure my switch is not in the loop, still cannot ping the router from LAN

HD2020
Level 1
Level 1

Any suggestions?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card