cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Planning to connect 2 office wirelessly

franztuazon
Level 1
Level 1

Im planning to connect 2 offices with a range of more or less 100 meters. 

What are the things ill be needing to successfully connect the 2 offices. (ie. routers, antennas range expander, access points if applicable*)

im thinking of bridging two routers wirelessly but there factors affecting the signal of the router ie noise and it is outdoor do i need an outdoor antenna to expand the range of my routers.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

shivjain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Do you want to use wireless as backhaul?

If yes then you can go with 1552E otdoor AP which can go upto 100 mtr with omni directional antenna and upto 300 mtr with directional antenna.

regards

shivlu jain

View solution in original post

shivjain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

You are in the right direction and go ahead for the same.

For longer distance, we normally use RF as a backhaul and terminate the links on router and made end to end reachability. But in your case, the distance is too short.

Please close/rate the thread if it resolves.

regards

shivlu jain

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

shivjain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Do you want to use wireless as backhaul?

If yes then you can go with 1552E otdoor AP which can go upto 100 mtr with omni directional antenna and upto 300 mtr with directional antenna.

regards

shivlu jain

Hi shivlu jain

thanks for the reply i really appreciate. im kinda new in this industry but im trying my best to learn things quickly and effectively.

When you mean by backhaul its an intermediate connection/links in my case my two offices. its going to serve as a medium to my offices.

anyways my orignal plan was to bridge my two office using a router with bridging capabiltty.

office 1 -> Wireless router with bridging mode (with an outdoor antenna so i can expand my range)

same aswith my office 2.

do you have anymore suggestion on how can make this.

Thanks in Advance.Good Day!

shivjain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

You are in the right direction and go ahead for the same.

For longer distance, we normally use RF as a backhaul and terminate the links on router and made end to end reachability. But in your case, the distance is too short.

Please close/rate the thread if it resolves.

regards

shivlu jain

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card