cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Point to Point

Simon Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Central Switch and remote Switches which recently we purchased a backup ISP link and I would like to know how to configure a point to point port.

1) Main IT Center - XYZ ISP = Cisco Router / Master Firewall / Main Network Routing Switch (Curretly supplies Internet/Lan access)

2) Main IT Center - New ISP Backup = ISP Black Box / Main Network Routing Switch / No Firewall Connection (Lights Up - need port configured ?)

3) Remote Educational Building = - XYZ ISP works via the Main IT Switch

4) Remote Educational Building = New ISP Backup = Connected to IN-House Switch / Lights up, but no access to Internet etc. / need port configured ?

I hope this assists in getting an idea of what we have and what we are trying to accomplish.  If we can get the New ISP working, then I will shut down the XYZ connection and run live to the remote Educational Building which will assisth that location with faster speed.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Hello,

Sketch of your network would be helpful. Please specify the model of your devices. What do you mean by point to point link? Do mean Tunnel between two devices?

Masoud

Masoud - Tunnel may be the correct terminology.  I was told Point to Point by the ISP, so I just referenced that. 

Topology - I will draw up something and attach it later.

Thank you.

Masoud - Tunnel may be the correct terminology.  I was told Point to Point by the ISP, so I just referenced that. 

Topology - I will draw up something and attach it later.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card