Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port being used by system?

I recently setup a 7206VXR with NPE-G2 in my home lab.  Seems to work great.  However, I have an openfire XMPP server that needs to have port 5222 forwarded.  

Server is 10.5.7.18.  G0/1 is my WAN interface

I tried ip nat inside source static tcp 10.5.7.18 5222 int g0/1 5222 - when I did this, it said port 5222 is being used by system.

So I removed my nat ACL, cleared ip nat translations, aand remove my nat overload statement, and tried again, since I read somewhere that this would correct it.  The router still said 5222 was being used by the system though

Sh tcp brief gives no output.  Neither does sh ip sockets.  IOS version is Version 12.4(12.2r)T

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

actually got it to accept the nat statement.  I shut the WAN interface, then cleared the nat translations, and then it took my source static tcp command.

But it doesn't seem to be working.  sh ip nat translations doesn't show anything for 10.5.7.18:5222 and the chat server is still offline

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

actually got it to accept the nat statement.  I shut the WAN interface, then cleared the nat translations, and then it took my source static tcp command.

But it doesn't seem to be working.  sh ip nat translations doesn't show anything for 10.5.7.18:5222 and the chat server is still offline

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card