Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-chanel on router isr4431 has drop packet

Loc DUong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

i'm using router 4431 with config port access with isp to connect internet. but when configuring port-chanel on router with 2 port access, ping dropped packet, I have tested shutting down 1 of 2 ports but the result is still the same. then I do rollback and use 1 port access, no more dropped packets.

Can you share more about this issue?

Tks

3 Replies 3

Hello,

Do you have 2 connections going to your ISP and is your ISP also configured with port-channel configurations?

Both sides will need to agree on the configuration in order for port-channel to work.

You also need to make sure the ISP is not limiting you. Just because you have extra cabling/BW going to your ISP does not mean they wont limit your connection based on your contract as far as throughput/speed, etc.

-David

Tks your answer

config port access to port-channel do not change any parameters, but when setting ip ping test isp .1 and router .2 was ping drop packet. then I rollback config port access and ping test .1 and .2 are back to normal

OS router: isr4400-universalk9.16.06.04.SPA.bin"

Hello

@Loc DUong wrote:

i'm using router 4431 with config port access with isp to connect internet. but when configuring port-chanel on router with

Why are you using a aggregated connection  to connect to an ISP router, is the isp router performing the same function also, if not then that would be the reason why you are experiencing the failures, for an aggregated link to work its need to be created both sides of the connection.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card