Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Channel/Ether channel ?

Hi All,

What will be the consequences if we create Ether Channel/Port channel on One side and leave other side Default ?

What happens if we use PAGP/LACP and Static "ON" ?

Thanks,

Prasanna Kumar Desireddy

4 Replies 4

Hello

@D Prasanna Kumar Reddy wrote:

Hi All,

What will be the consequences if we create Ether Channel/Port channel on One side and leave other side Default ?

What happens if we use PAGP/LACP and Static "ON" ?

Thanks,

Prasanna Kumar Desireddy

Why would you want to? - Basically no aggregation will form as for the etherchannel to establish both side need to configured

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi,

I am not really wanted to do . .  I wanted to know what if we delete one side PO by error ?

Thanks,

Prasanna Kumar Desireddy

Hello
The interfaces would then be treated individually and depending on if it was a L2 or L3 depends on the effect it has - naturally a L3 deletion would possibly incurr a lost route and depletion of aggregate bandwidth.

L2 - Spanning- tree would not be a single instance or cost anymore but would result in it being again applied on the individual interfaces

Res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi

I agree with Paul, also check the following picture it can be useful:

Resultado de imagen para etherchannel pagp lacp auto

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card