cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPPOE failure with Small Business Pro 520W router

sohic2000
Level 1
Level 1

Because the VPN on the 520W will only work when the public IP address is on the WAN.

I have configured a bridge connection on my ADSL modem and trying to have the 520W do PPPOE authentication so that the public IP address is placed on the WAN interface of the cisco router.

However I keep getting the following errors:

Sun Feb 14 22:39:59 2010(GMT -0500)      ERROR      System      PLATFORM                    pppoeMgmtTblHandler: pppoe enable failed
Sun Feb 14 22:39:59 2010(GMT -0500)     ERROR     System     PLATFORM                 pppoeMgmtDBUpdateHandler: error in executing database update handler
Sun Feb 14 22:40:01 2010(GMT -0500)     INFO     System     NIMF                 nimfAdvOptSetWrap: NIMF table is NimfTrigger

Any suggestions ????????

Really need your help !!!!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update software to latest.

I thought of that also, and had it upgraded to 1.1.21. But it still did not resolve the problem.

Sorry, I do not know what to suggest.

This is the third thread where one of these non-IOS boxes fails to deliver their promises and if it had happened to me, I would have replaced it already with a true router..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: