cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPTP ISO 15.1 does not route

fred.hackett
Level 1
Level 1

We have just purchased a new 3945 router to replace our 3825 router. The old 3825 router is running Version 12.4(13r)T10. We use it for IPSEC tunnels,
pptp and nat for our office. On the new 3945 router we are running Version 15.1(3)T1 . The problem we have is that PPTP
connects the windows client gets an IP and the default route changes, everything about the connection looks fine but ICMP or TCP packets will not route.

This is with the same commands and setup as the 12.4 version. I can not find any issue with the setup.

I believe this is an IOS bug.  I can only get the M and T versions from the cisco website. According to the bug trakker there is an issue with PPTP and it's fixed in 15.1(1)T2.6 and in 15.1(2.18)T but I am unable to download this version.

Does anyone have PPTP working on a 3945 and what IOS version is it running?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have to wait for the bug fix to be integrated in released IOS.

For VPN consider using Cisco VPN client or other SSL or IPsec based solutions instead of the obsoleted PPTP.

Can someone verify that PPTP works on a 3945 ios 15.1 ?  If so what version are you running or is the truly a bug that cisco has decided not to address.

It is known problem. I faced the same with mppe encryption with ms-chapv2 on 7206 with 15.1(4)M. But there is no bug ID yet. Developers is working on it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card