Views
Helpful
Replies

Prevent EIGRP advertising routes

semajsirrah
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends,

Imagine I have the following SVI's configured locally on a Nexus 5548...

int vlan 10

ip address 10.0.0.1/24

int vlan 20

ip address 20.0.0.1/24

int vlan 30

ip address 30.0.0.1/24

How would I temporarily prevent EIGRP from advertising vlan 20 / 20.0.0.0/24 to its EIGRP neighbors

Thanks in advance.

Semaj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can use a distribute list but it goes under the interface configuration as far as I know.

So you would need to configure it under the interfaces that connect to the EIGRP neighbors and so it depends on how many EIGRP neighbors you have and how many peerings per interface ie. if you were peering with multiple SVIs over the same physical interface you would need a distribute list per SVI.

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Semaj

Do you have an EIGRP statement under the vlan 20 SVI eg.

int vlan 20
ip router eigrp <instance>

if so remove the EIGRP part and it won't run EIGRP on it so it won't be advertised.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Yes I do. Your solution makes sense. I've done some reading since my original post.

Could i also use an access list / prefix list to accomplish this? I have a bunch of SVI's and would like to do this as elegantly as possible. Most of the SVI's can be summarized.

On an IOS router I'd probably do something like this...

ip access list standard BLOCK

deny 20.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

permit any

router eigrp 1

distribute-list BLOCK out

Can i accomplish something similar on the Nexus

You can use a distribute list but it goes under the interface configuration as far as I know.

So you would need to configure it under the interfaces that connect to the EIGRP neighbors and so it depends on how many EIGRP neighbors you have and how many peerings per interface ie. if you were peering with multiple SVIs over the same physical interface you would need a distribute list per SVI.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card