Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prioritize traffic / reserve bandwidth to and from specific server on WAN

I am wanting to do some sort of prioritization of VoIP traffic on my network. I have a cloud hosted multi-tenant PBX with about 750 phones (around 60-70 businesses). It sits behind my BGP Router (no NAT’ing) with an assigned Public IP address.

Through the years we have also have started providing internet to businesses over wireless and web hosting, offsite data backup and really a bunch of other things as well.

My primary connection is a 300/300 fiber and my secondary/failover is a 50/50

Above all else I want my traffic going to and from my VoIp Server to be prioritized, or have bandwidth reserved if I could reserve 25-35 megs to be available just for VoIP server I would be fine.

I don’t really have an issue now as I limit my wireless internet users at the radio level but for the future I am looking to add more cloud services and more VoIP servers.

Looking at the best ways to go about this, and how others have implemented this. I have not done QoS in terms of classifying and im not sure how that works then transversing outside a LAN, Like I mentioned this is a  internet facing server where phones connect to it from the customer site that site behind their firewall.

Thanks in advance 

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

a very basic QoS for voice is below. Where is the voice traffic coming from (e.g. Cisco IP Phones) ? Cisco phones typically mark voice traffic with DSCP EF, so the below would work. Otherwise, you would need to find out what traffic needs to be matched (that is, what voice traffic is being generated) and match that in the class map.

class-map match-any VOIP_QOS_CLASS
match ip dscp ef
!
policy-map VOIP_QOS_POLICY
class VOIP_QOS_CLASS
priority percent 15
class class-default
fair-queue
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
service-policy output VOIP_QOS_POLICY

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card