cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem in gns3

kishorecisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have configured microsoft loopback adapter in windows7. When i'm trying to configure a computer in gns3 with the loopback adapter it is not showing the adapter in gns3. please give the solution. for further details check the attachment please.

5 Replies 5

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

as it is noted in the screenshot you need administrator access. Run GNS3 as Admin and you will see the adaptor.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi Cadet,

I have only one account and it is administrator account. I  tried watching many video from youtube and google they all show the same method but i'm not able to get that loopback adapter.

Mark Combs
Level 1
Level 1

Kishore,

Not sure how you created your MS loopback adapter.  I would try deleting it and adding it again from the device manager.  Make sure you reboot your machine (this is MS that were talking about right) and disable your MS firewall or this is going to cause you issues as you will have to open up specific rules to allow your loopback to talk over whatever ports/protocols you wish. I think its easier to just disable the FW and then turn it back on when your done.

Once you have the loopback adapter installed make sure you enable it and give it an ip address in the subnet that will be on your topology.  I would also rename the loopback to something more easily recognizable.  You should see the loopback when you right click on your host and select configure.  You will have to use the drop down and add the LB to the available devices.  Then just connect the host to the cloud and then connect the cloud to your router/network in gns.

You should be able to ping your router from the command prompt of your workstation.

Good Luck!

And make sure you right click on the gns icon and "run as administrator"

tsiarnouski
Level 1
Level 1

Maby you should try to add connection with your loopback thru cloud. i always connect my pc's loopback, virtual machines thru cloud.

I believe that is mandatory.  You must connect your host to the cloud and then your network/rotuer to the cloud in order for this to work.  I do not think you can go directly from a host to a router.

- Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: