Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with 7606 router..

praveenku
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a 7606 router with sup 720-3bxl. IOS has been crashed recently and i can use only rommon mode now. I ve tried to upload ios image using tftp server but the command tftpdnld id not available in this router. I dont know why. Then i tried to boot from flash disk but finally it also shows an error like

*** System received a Software forced crash ***

signal= 0x17, code= 0x24, context= 0x42359674

PC = 0x402d248c, Cause = 0x1020, Status Reg = 0x34008002

i dont ve any idea now how to make the router in running condition. Could you please suggest your valuable opinions?

Every answers would be very appreciable.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Amit Aneja
Level 3
Level 3

Praveen,

Sup720 doesn't support XMODEM or tftpdnld.

Please answer the following questions:

Have you tried booting the sup with a different image?

Is this a single supervisor setup or does it have two supervisors?

Do you have a spare supervisor at site? If yes, have you tried booting the switch with it?

Tried a different slot 5 or 6?

Also, please attach the complete logs when you reseat the supervisor in the chassis.

Regards,

Amit Aneja

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your concern....

I have tried sup720 with different image but still its showing the same error message. This 7606 router has single suprevisor only. I dont ve any spare sup, very sups are working.... ...  So what should i do now?

Regards,

Praveen.

Praveen,

Reseat this sup again, capture & attach the complete logs. If you have the sup in slot 5 right now, boot this sup in slot 6, that helps me to isolate whether there is any hardware failure with the sup or chassis (if there is any hardware failure ...can't say right now as I don't have the logs).

Regards,

Amit

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card