cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Cisco 3745 with 12.4(8b)

sdasgupta
Level 1
Level 1

We faced a problem on Saturday. After copying the new IOS 12.4(8B) on slot0 the router in not booting up properly and continuously rebooting. I have attached the boot-up error log. Please look into the problem.

The activity was as follows:-

The existing IOS in Cisco 3745 internal flash was 12.2(13)T13. We didn?t touch the inter IOS as it is running fine with existing config.

In flash card new IOS copied, that is c3745-ipvoicek9-mz.124-8b.

Boot system changed with this new IOS image.

Register value changed, as previous it was 0x101, and without changing to 0x2102 it was not recognizing the new IOS in slot0.

On boot-up new IOS on slot0 properly recognize the NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 as it was not recognized by existing (internal) flash.

The fatal error messages were coming as attached and continuously rebooting.

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sujit

With the error messages at boot time about:

Fatal error, Parity error on master read

I would assume that there was an error on the flash card. Did you format the card? If so did you format it on this router or on some other machine? Also did you copy the new image file onto the flash card on this router or on some other machine?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

I have formated the flash card on the router itself, and also checked the flash with those NM card on a spare router where it was working properly. I failed to do it on the live router.

Sujit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card