Views
Helpful
Replies

Proof of the license installed in a ME-C3750-24TE switch

aserfiotishome
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone,

I would appreciate if someone could help me with a problem I have.

I have been asked to provide proof that the license installed in a ME-C3750-24TE is the ME3750-ADVIP-LIC= (the switch was bought with this license upgrade). Could someone please let me know if there is a command that can give me an output that proves that the switch has the ME3750-ADVIP-LIC= installed? I think that show version does not present this information.

Thank you in advance

Andreas

4 Replies 4

dumesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andreas,

"sh license all" or "sh license detail" will give you the information about the licesne installed on the switch.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Hello Dheeraj,

I would like to thank you for the reply, however I have been told that these commands are not working with this Metro Ethernet Switch. Is this possible? Could there be another set of commands for those Metro Ethernet  switches?

The exact model of the switch is ME-C3750-24TE-M=

Thank you very much!

Andreas

Hi

If correct the IOS image contains i5 when it has the EMI / Advanced IPservices image.

And you can do a extra check by looking if you are able to do a BGP routing command in global config mode.

config t

router bgp

If it works you have the EMI image installed.

But that does not say if you also own the license .. this image can be coopied without security check , RTU licensing is not secure since it works on trust , this is not like how the new licesing works (Inserting a licence file for a particular switch ID think the UDI is it called , then the features are unlocked from the universal IOS image.)

Edsge

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

As already mentioned by Edsge, the older switches (and ISRs) were licensed on a trust system.  Unsure about the ME3750, but the other 3560/3750s came, from factory, as -S or -E, the latter licensed for IPServices.  In field upgrade licenses should have included a "paper" license.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card