Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

proxy-arp

How can I detect if any device on lan segment is using router

proxy-arp 

functionality? I need to turn it off but want to check first if any device has wrong mask or gtw and uses

proxy-arp

to get out of segment. Looks like only method is to monitor broadcast interface counter.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

https://call155.wordpress.com/2012/08/17/catalyst-debug-proxy-arp/

Need debug for broadcast in router detect the cleint send arp request not to router ip and track this ip to find client use proxy arp for router.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

In any client show arp table, if there are many entry for differnet ip with same mac address then this router have arp proxy and reply to any ip address that client request.

If you want test connect client to lan you want to detect  dont config default gateway and make client ping to any ip.

i know but do not have access to client ... I need method to detect it on router

You want to detect arp proxy in router for interface in this router or interface in other router share same lan?

i want to detect what  if any of PCs on LAN segment connected to my router  is using my router

proxy-arp

functionality. Just want to anticipate if any device will stop working if I turn

proxy-arp

off.

Hello,

I don't think there is a way to remotely detect this. You would have to log into each L3 device and issue the command:

show ip interface

That should return a line such as:

Proxy ARP is enabled

https://call155.wordpress.com/2012/08/17/catalyst-debug-proxy-arp/

Need debug for broadcast in router detect the cleint send arp request not to router ip and track this ip to find client use proxy arp for router.

will try this debug arp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card