cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pseudowire error / 2811 router

lonmc1977
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea why I get this error when running backup commands on a 2811 router.  Works on GNS3 with the same exact IOS and router type.

switch(config-subif)# description XX-VoIP
switch(config-subif)# encapsulation dot1Q 6
switch(config-subif)# no cdp enable
switch(config-subif)#$encapsulation l2tpv3 pw-class XXXX-RADIO-LINK
switch(config-subif-xconn)#$3 6 pw-class XXXX-RADIO-LINK priority 2
% Backup by configured pseudowire is not supported on this platform
switch(config-subif-xconn)#!

5 Replies 5

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you please share the exact configuration that you are trying to configure. Also, please share the below ouput:

- show version | in image

Thanks

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

Here ya go.  Thanks.

System image file is "flash:c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-18e.bin"

Hello,

the version that you are running is 12.4(18e) on the router. i dont think it is supported on this version and platform. 

Also, the config that you sent, i believe its running 15.2 release

Current configuration : 2186 bytes
!
version 15.2

I checked the feature navigator for this release and platform, i dont see backup psedowire feature available.

I guess that answers why you are getting this error message.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

Yep Im now using c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M10.bin and still not working.  The feature navigator is only mentioning 7600 type routers that it works on and nothing else that i can see but I just got it working on a 3925 (that I cant use).  So I guess this just cant happen on a 2811.

This should also work on 2900. Both 2900 and 3900 have a different architecture as compared to 2800 and 3800's.

Also, a lot of times, features tested on GNS3 cannot be confirmed to be working on real routers. GNS3 is good for testing platform independent features not platform dependent features.

Hope this answers.

Regards

Vinit

PS: Please mark the question as answered if your query has been resolved.

Thanks
--Vinit
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card