Views
Helpful
Replies

Public IP to LAN/VLAN port

osaid suliebi
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i have cisco router 881 (4 lan port and 1 WAN) and i have real ip from ISP assigned to WAN port  (\30 subnet) , also i have real ip range from ISP (\29).. the question is: Can i specify one real ip from range to spesific device connected to one of lan port ?? if yes , What will be the gateway for the device connected to this port??

in the other word; can i assigen private ip to lan/vlan port and public ip (from ISP range) to the same LAN port.?

Regards

2 Replies 2

Greg Smalley
Level 1
Level 1

You can specify a real IP from the /29 range to one of your devices connected to the LAN port, however you will need to add a secondary IP on your 881 to act as the default gateway in the /29.

int <inside vlan>
ip address <First useable /29 IP address> secondary

Your devices default gateway will be the IP address you use above as secondary on the LAN VLAN.

Regards,

-Smalley

Thanks Greg, the idea is to spesificy real IP to one device in my LAN (device  )

can i put the port (my device connected to it) to vlan x and do PAT to this VLAN with one real IP??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco