Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS - Bandwidth management

jojiv
Beginner
Beginner

Hi All,

I am planning to deploy QoS across my WAN for bandwidth management. I have 4 type of classes including the default class. Class A should have 35 %, Class B have 25%, Class C should have 15% and class default should have 25% of bandwidth at the time of congestion. If there is no congestion, the free bandwidth should devide among the 4 classes.

One more requirement is that Class C shloud use more bandwidth only when the other classess are not utlilzing the free bandwidth. If Class A or CLass B or default class requires free bandwidth , the bandwidth of Class C should restrict to 15%. CLass C can use the free bandwidth only when the other classes are not utilizing the free bandwidth

How can I achieve he above requirement, I prefer to use bandwidth command

Regards

JMV

1 Reply 1

cadet alain
Mentor
Mentor

Hi,

If you want more than 75% for all your classes then you'll have to configure for the interface:  max-reserved-bandwidth 100 in your case as you want 100%

But that is not really recommended to do so.

If Class A or CLass B or default class requires free bandwidth , the bandwidth of Class C should restrict to 15%

then you should police to restrict to 15% but you can't do conditional policing as far as I know

CLass C can use the free bandwidth only when the other classes are not utilizing the free bandwidth

CLass C will use the free bandwidth when the other classes are not utilizing the free bandwidth but again can't condition this.

Regards.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: